Cat Nap

21:51 Unknown 0 Comments


Oh look, it's me. Doing what I do best.

Sleeping.

One of life's greatest pleasures, wouldn't you agree?

Now humans (as my furry friends will already know), a fun feline fact about myself, Harry. My favourite place to sleep and cuddle up is on my humans, there's no other place like it.



As you can see, my favourite place to sleep greatly inconveniences my humans. However, it's for the greater good... my comfort.

Much to their dismay I choose the worst times to cuddle up on them - before dinner, when they need their litter box, when they want a cup of tea (which FYI I've nearly been wearing a number of times when they hold it next to me...), just before they're heading out (obviously to chase mice like I used to do in the good old days), when they have studying to do - but I help by typing essays when I walk all over the keyboard.

However, what the humans consider the very worst possible time for me, a 95% all white, larger cat, to cuddle up with them is when the humans wear black clothing. Wow they really hate that. Unfortunately for them, my favourite colour is black - another fun feline fact for you all. It's the purr-fect colour to take a nap on. So if you're wearing black in my home - i'm coming for you.


The trick to making sure you have a purr-fect, non-interrupted cat nap on your human is to:
1.   Meow a small amount on approach to your target human - they like that kind of stuff, they think it's us talking to them...
2.   Stop meowing and stare at them for a couple of seconds before the jump up to their lap - eye contact makes them feel 'connected' to you.
3.   Repeatedly hit your head off of their chin and purr - they find this extremely endearing (don't ask me why, I just go with it.) 

4.     Finally, take your position in whatever way you feel most comfortable, the before mentioned steps will ensure they don't want to move you, even if they really need to use their litter box, because you look too cute.
After all this talk, I'm feeling purr-ticulary sleepy. Until next time humans - paws out.




0 comments: